Thursday, September 26, 2013

Going under the knife

Today I went in for my first ever surgery! I wasn't too nervous...the scariest part for me had been whether I could afford it or not since I don't have insurance. But it was a lot cheaper than I thought and within my budget. Thank the Lord! No really...

I'd actually put off going to the doctor for over a year to check on the growth that was developing on my lower gum. I was avoiding it, hoping it would go away. Finally I couldn't anymore. It was getting larger and starting to scare me. 

So I made an apointment with the oral surgion my orthodontist recommended (a year ago when I last saw him...I stooped going to my orthodontist also so I couldn't be bugged about the growth! I didn't want anyone to know I wasn't taking care of it. I didn't even want to know about it myself!) 

Anyway I did the hard thing and called and then went in. Thinking I'd have to sell at least one kidney to get this thing off! Fortunately it was far below what I thought it would cost and just two days after going in for my apointment, I got the growth removed this morning. Praise The Lord! 

Here are some pics: 


The growth. Eww! 



Peace out! It's out.


Still really sleepy! 


Me and my still half numb/temporarily paralysed mouth! Lol 


Glad to be getting back on track with my health...and doing the hard stuff first. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! Ya mee too! They still sent it a lab to see if there's any chance that it was cancerous. But they don't think it is.

    ReplyDelete